Jul 4, 2009

Live show: She Wants Revenge at Bimbo's 365 Club SF

I had the good fortune to be in San Francisco while She Wants Revenge had a show at Bimbo's 365 Club. The band doesn't seem to tour very much, and they don't get much airplay on the radio, which is unfortunate. I'd been hoping for an opportunity to hear these guys live for quite some time. If I had a "bucket list" of bands that I wanted to see live, this was one that's close to the top of the list.



Bimbo's was an excellent venue to see them perform in. I'd say there were somewhere between 500-700 people at the show, and you could get a great view and have great sound from anywhere.



She Wants Revenge does a pretty good live show. One thing I learned is that the band, despite being from southern California, are not big weed fans. In fact, at one point early in the show, the lead singer paused and announced something to the effect of, "Now it's the time in the show where it gets political. There is just way too much weed smoking going on in here. Now, I know this is San Francisco, and you guys might think it's cool, but the thing is, we don't smoke weed, and it's making it hard for us to play up here. I respect everyone's choices, but if you could limit yourselves to out in the lobby, or after the show, we'd appreciate it." After a few obligatory F-U's, the crowd pretty much complied, and there wasn't much smoke at all after that.

There's some video clips floating from the show around on YouTube, for example on this user's page, if you're interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home