Jul 16, 2009

iPod battery

The battery in my iPod, based on the way I use it, which is almost every day, starts to lose it's charging capacity after 6 months or so. After that, it gets worse and worse, and then after about a year and a half it stops holding its charge completely.

Not to worry though, it's easy enough to find a replacement battery on eBay (in the US) or Taobao (in China) for about five bucks and install it yourself. Here's a video of the process:



I recently did the replacement for the second time. It gets easier as you become experienced in the process. Now that I'm finished, I've got a cool, working retro iPod mini, without having to spend $200 for a new one.

I have to admit, I'm always a bit worried after swapping in the new Made in China knock off battery and plugging it in to the charger for the first time. I'm not sure if it's going to explode all over me, or maybe start producing blue smoke. So far, no big problems, and I've been pleased with the performance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home