Oct 27, 2008

Correction: Auntie Anne's pretzels post

I posted recently on an Auntie Anne's pretzel shop opening here in Beijing and some free samples they were giving away. I need to make a small correction to that post. I had originally remarked that Auntie Anne's was giving away a "frozen coffee drink" that tasted like "sour Kool Aid", "sour milk", and "acidic belch" mixed together. I passed by that very Auntie Anne's shop over the past weekend, and realized that I had inappropriately described their frozen beverage.

The drink was in fact not frozen coffee, but rather frozen Yakult. According to the wikipedia entry, "Yakult is a Japanese probiotic milk-like product made by fermenting a mixture of skimmed milk with a special strain of the bacteria Lactobacillus casei Shirota."

So, when you re-read through my previous posting, please be sure to remember that the concoction that I'm describing is not coffee, but actually a Japanese probiotic milk-like product resembling coffee...

...and tasting like an acidic belch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home