Aug 13, 2006

Name tags

Why don't we have a Peking Pizza here in Peking with a delivery boy like Norm Phipps? It makes me feel a little gypped.



On the subject of restaurant employee nametags, the other night I ate at a pathetic imitation of a Thai restaurant, the Banana Leaf. (In restrospect, I should have read this review first.) Although I was disappointed by their food, the saving grace of the restaurant was that they made me laugh as I left after the meal.

In the lobby, three waitresses were lined up side-by-side, thanking customers for their business as they left. Across the girls' lapels, each wore an identical nametag, printed in bold 50-point font, which read "HORTESS".

I couldn't stop laughing for several minutes. Even if I would have had my camera with me I couldn't have held it still to take a clear photo of the trio. Maybe I'll go back there someday just for a yuk.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm an English magazine editor in Beijing. I find your blog is very interesting. Recently I am working on an article about web 2.0. I want to interview you on this topic, mainly about blog. Would you accept it? It just takes a few minutes and phone interview is also OK. Thank you very much and wait for your reply.
My email address is wangcuilei@fltrp.com

7:01 PM  
Blogger absolutED said...

dude you're getting popular

12:52 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Not really, it appears to be a completely off-topic spam comment.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Edwin said...

what did they say on the phone?

12:42 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

I didn't get around to getting in contact with the comment spammer yet. But it's definitely on my to-do list, right after I wire a few thousand dollars to the Nigerian 419 scammers that have been sending me email.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home